Situated on the borders of Hampshire and Dorset, there is plenty to do and see, whatever your interests. There is wildlife and nature to explore, historic houses and museums to visit and many colourful and interesting gardens to see. There are also many activities such as golf, fishing, horse-riding, sailing and hiking.
Why not have a day out on the Isle of Wight? A car ferry leaves from Southampton and a hovercraft leaves from Lymington Quay. Short cruises also depart from this point.
Poole harbour - Europe's largest natural harbour – is a beautiful area and many boat trips can be taken either from Poole Quay or Sandbanks. Brownsea Island is a well-known National Trust property that can be visited by ferry from Poole Quay or Sandbanks. Red squirrels and peacocks are a popular sighting here.
The nearest beaches of Bournemouth can be reached in about 30 minutes by car and the New Forest is on the doorstep. The Jurassic coast, recently named a World Heritage Site (England's first) is about one hour away by car. Gateway towns to this area are Swanage and Weymouth. The latter was hosting many of the sailing events in the Summer Olympics and Paralympics 2012.
Moors Valley country Park is within cycling distance and walking distance from us and there is no need to go on the road. The Ringwood forest joins our perimeter fence and it is a very pleasant ride/walk through the woods to Moors Valley. Please ask Gigi for maps.
Click on the links below to find out more information:
Places for Children
- Moors Valley Country Park
- Avon Heath Country Park – nr. Ringwood
- Alice in Wonderland Theme Park – nr. Bournemouth airport
- Paultons Park – nr. Totton
- Marwell Zoo – nr. Winchester
- Longdown Activity Farm – nr. Ashurst
Places for everyone
- Tank Museum nr. Wareham
- HMS Victory, Portsmouth
- Beaulieu National Motor Museum
- Stonehenge, nr. Salisbury
- New Forest Cider, Burley
- Lyburn Cheese maker, Landford, nr. Salisbury
Wildlife and Nature
- Liberty's Owl Raptor and Reptile centre nr. Ringwood
- New Forest Wildlife Park nr Ashurst
- Avon Heath Country Park nr. Ringwood
- Monkey World, nr. Wareham
- Exbury gardens and steam railway nr. Beaulieu
- Knoll gardens nr. Ringwood
- Compton Acres, Bournemouth
- Larmer Tree gardens between Blandford and Salisbury
- Furzey nr Lyndhurst
- Spinners nr Lymington
Towns/Cities to visit
- Wimborne Minster
Restaurants and Pubs
Throughout the area there are numerous eating places/watering holes to suit every taste. Ringwood has a wide variety to choose from and is within walking distance of Karelia holidays. Gigi can give some advice/recommendations.
|tel: 07725 240 558 or email|